Monday, March 5, 2012

Remembering..

I know most everyone thinks that they have the best parents/grandparents...but I truely do believe that mine are the best.


My Grandpa was one of the sweetest guys I've ever met. I loved listening to him tell stories for hours. He could fix pretty much anything and everything. He didn't have an extraordinary voice, but I loved to hear him sing. He was such a fighter, battling cancer for the last few years of his life. He was the sweetest husband to my Grandma. He gave the best hugs and had the cutest laugh.

A couple weeks ago in church the preacher spoke on remembering our mentors. He said we should thank them for helping guide us to God. It broke my heart that I couldn't call up my Grandpa and tell him how much he meant to me. I wanted to thank him for helping me learn so much throughout my whole life. Even tho I couldn't thank him personally, I thanked God for placing him in my life. And, I'm sure God passed along the message to him. :)

It was four years ago (last Friday) that my Grandpa passed away. He's probably singing bass, in the choir, with the angels right now.


Thank you, Sierd VanDussen, for being the best Grandpa I could ever ask for.


I miss singing along to the Cathedrals with you. I miss going thrifting with you. I miss sharing jamocha shakes with you. I miss you surprising me with Hello Kitty things. I miss your smile. I miss taking road trips with you. I miss watching you work. I miss counting airplanes with you. I miss you.

Love you much.

No comments:

Post a Comment